Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Want To Hold Your Hand

No baby yet. I am anxiously waiting for her to make her grand entrance. I am not uncomfortable and I am definitely not complaining, I just want to hold my baby.

FYI - when I went to the doctor last Thursday, I was 2 cm dilated. The doc said that her head was not engaged yet, but that was most likely due to the fact that she is a large baby and she needs my uterus to contract to move her down. She estimated (from the ultrasound) that Madalyn was already around 9 lbs.

Because my doctor is estimating her to be large (and she seems to be in charge right now), she doesn't want me to go over my due date too far because she knows how much I want to have a natural/vaginal delivery. She mentioned giving me a small amount of pitocin by the end of the week if I haven't gone into labor.

I go to the doctor Monday morning to check progress. I will let you know what she says and let you know what we decide as far as induction goes.

My hope and prayer is that I will spontaneously go into labor and won't have to make the decision to induce or not. Would you pray that with us?

In other news, the sermon today at church was great! We talked about God's grace and that we, as Christians, need to be Grace-full. I am so thankful for God's great grace and what it means in my life. I don't deserve it, and I am thankful that God sees to it that I have the exact amount the I need no matter what the circumstance. He is so faithful!


Here are a couple of pictures from today. 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

2 comments:

Kandace said...

I love the pregger belly pictures!! I have been thinkin about you every day and praying that God would bring on natural labor for you asap!! Sweet little Madalyn just does not want to show the world her face yet! Her mommy has made it so comfortable for her to be inside that she just doesn't want to leave! I know that you are anxiously awaiting her arrival. I can only imagine how much you long to hold her and kiss her. Know that I am praying for you. You are the best friend a girl like me could ask for and I know that you are going to be an incredibly loving mother. Tell baby Madalyn that Auntie Kandace can not wait to meet her. Also, tell her that I asked that she go easy on her momma in labor, because she too is very precious. I love you Mer.

LYMTML-
Kan

Kim H. said...

I'm praying for you! I can't wait to see pictures of you holding her... and I too think your pregnant belly pics are super cute! :-)