Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Doctor's Visit - 4/27/09 - 11 Days Old

Madalyn had her first doctor's visit on Monday. I also had a first...breastfeeding in public! It was kind of difficult, and I much prefer feeding her at home. Thankfully, I live in a small town and am always right around the corner from the house.

Mom and dad took us to the doctor because I am still not supposed to drive or carry anything that weighs more than 20 lbs.

The appointment went well. No problems, and she is above average on everything. Praise the LORD!

FYI - she weighed 9.7 at birth, left the hospital weighing 9.2, and weighed 9.9 at her visit 10 days later.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Emily Kendrick said...

You need to get yourself a hooter hider. They make it so much easier (so i hear) It gives you room to see her, hides everything and stays attatched on it's own.

Exum Family said...

I love that hooter hider! What smart person gave you that?! Just kidding! I LOVE the pic of you feeding her. There isn't anything much sweeter. You look so precious and so fantastic. I also can't believe how much she's changed since I saw her. Wow!

Kim H. said...

A hooter hider? Seriously? I'm cracking up!

Very cute! I am so glad that she is doing well... and that you made it through a public breast feeding :-)

Benita said...

For everyone's info, Meredith is a wonderful mother. Madalyn is like a "box of chocolate", Meredith can't get enough of her little girl. The doctor's visit was good, and of course, Madalyn had to nurse while we were there. I love the cover, "the hooter hider". How times have changed. All I had was a diaper to drape in front and really it was not very nice to nurse your child in public back then. All these new contraptions have made it so much easier for a mom to take care of her child's needs and not offend others while she does it. I am already having granddaughter withdrawal. Oh, to be able to drive up anytime I feel the need to cuddle with Madalyn. Of course she knows that I am her grandmother already........love mother