Wednesday, April 8, 2009

40 Weeks and Counting

Well, today is my EDD. I am pretty sure she is NOT coming today. I really didn't want her to though. I want her to come Friday. Does that sound selfish? I hope not. My motivation is completely unselfish. Of course I would rather have her here than in my belly. The timing (mainly for the rest of my family and my husband) is the best if I have her on Friday. Adrienne, Jason, and Jackson are already planning on being her then, and they can't be here sooner. Also, my dad has a dr's appointment tomorrow at 2 and I really don't want him to have to cancel. Ryan can also take Friday off and have the whole next week off. That would be awesome! Also, my sister is going to be in Alabama for 2 weeks starting Monday and I REALLY want her to be here for the birth.

I am really trusting the LORD on this and know that He knows my heart. I also know that His timing is perfect though, and I will be happy no matter when He decides to bring Madalyn into the world. He is in control anyway.

I am progressing. I went to the doctor today. I have lost my mucus plug (sorry if that grosses some of you out). My blood pressure was slightly elevated. I had a tiny bit of blood in my urine (I am thinking that is because Madalyn was VERY active last night and she was pressing against my bladder and urethra). I also had a couple of contractions while I was at the doctor.

I know that I am contracting (right now actually), but there is nothing consistent about them.

People keep telling me that I am going to have her tomorrow or Friday because it is a full moon. I know that has some merit to it. Have any of you experienced labor on a full moon? I would be interested to know how many women give birth on full moons. Very interesting.

Again, I will let y'all know if anything happens.

4 comments:

kristyo15 said...

I had Emery on a full moon (however, I was induced, so I may not count). I think there were 8 other babies in the nursery! It was CRAZY! :) I also had her during the nursing shift change...don't do that! lol.

Praying for y'all!

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to hear when she is on her way!

Exum Family said...

Oh Lord, if it pleases You, please let that baby girl come this weekend!! Ryan and Mer, I can hardly wait. The dryer is going, some clothes are in the suitcase, and I am getting ready.

Kim H. said...

I sounds like she already has so much of your personality... she wants to make a grand entrance! :-) That would be awesome if all of your family was able to be there...