Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ryan's Birthday

I know, I know...his birthday was 10 days ago and I am just now getting around to blogging about it. Having a baby really makes blogging regularly difficult :)

I think I will tell it in pictures. Some of my blog friends do that and I always enjoy their blogs.

Madalyn and I took Ryan lunch and a cake to work. I grounded her for yelling at daddy on his birthday :)
This is Linda. She is a super-sweet lady that Ryan works with. She has recently finished chemo for lung cancer.

Ryan's gifts...two movies, money to buy tires for his new truck (which he didn't get because he couldn't find any he wanted. I helped him put the tires from our old truck (which were new) onto the new truck), and a Snoogle and Snoogle cover. For those of you that don't know, a Snoogle is a pillow that you use in pregnancy. I LOVE mine and still use it. Ryan always joked about wanting one, so I got him one. It is still in the wrapping. So, it was kind of a gag gift, but I bet he will love it.
I made him steak, buttered potatoes, and green beans from our garden for supper. I bought the rolls. Of course, I forgot to take a picture before we started eating. He had already eaten the green beans. I also bought him some Negro Medelo (beer) and made a German Chocolate Cake.


This was before bedtime. What a sweet daddy/baby picture. They love each other so much!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love it!!! Your pictures of Ryan and Madalyn made me all mushy inside!! You two are amazing parents and I love how you guys love each other so much!!! Miss you!!

Exum Family said...

I think you did a fantastic job of making his birthday super special. You worked hard! Your German Chocolate cake looked fantastic. If it was even nearly as good as the one you made at Christmas, then it was to die for. I think I'll need to request that cake once this baby is born. Oh, it was so delicious! I can't believe how much those two look alike. I love his face in the last picture. It's so sweet. Did he use the snoogle??!!

Benita said...

These are the sweetest pictures. I especially love the last one. It shows that special feeling that a daughter has for her daddy and him her. That will grow stronger as time goes by. The picture reminds me of the one of you and your dad right after you were born. You both had that same look. The picture help since you are so far away. I miss you 3 so much.... Mother