Saturday, May 16, 2009

1 Month Already!!??

I cannot believe that the monster is 1 month old already. I have a couple of pictures I wanted to share, but I mainly want to document her first month (primarily for my benefit).

She was born on April 16, 2009 at 6:33 PM. She weighed 9 lbs. 7 oz. and was 22 inches long. When we left the hospital she weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz. and by day 11 (her first doctor's appointment) she weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz. We go to the doctor on Tuesday for her 1 month appointment, so I will let you know what her stats are for 1 month then. Oh, and she lost her umbilical cord on Wednesday, May 6th (one day shy of 3 weeks).

She has many nicknames that mommy and daddy like to call her. I call her princess and monster (depending on her mood and eating habits for the day :). Daddy calls her Ping-Pong Chin-Chin. It might sound weird, but here is the reason. Ryan and her share what I like to call "chinese eyes". He had them when he was a baby too. When they smile their eyes kind of shut. Ryan says it is because of the beauty of their eyes...if they stayed open it would not be fair to other people. HA! And, the Chin-Chin part...well, she does have mommy's double-chin! Sorry if it sounds racist to you...it is not intended to be. And last but not least, we cannot forget her name from Danna - Madalyquanda Sucrets Ryanisha Johnson!

From the first day, baby girl has been very alert, has been smiling, and holding her head up. She has started grabbing at her toys on her bouncy chair (see pics below). She hates her shirts being pulled over her head. She is starting to enjoy bath time. She is wearing 3 month clothes already and is in size 1 diapers. She has almost outgrown her moses basket and her bassinet. She loves to lay on daddy's tummy. She does not like laying on her back. She is almost impossible to wake up to eat, and we love to see her strecth it out when she is waking up. She is super-duper ticklish. I don't tickle her that much because it gives me horrible flashbacks of when I was young and my brother and dad used to hold me down and tickle me. Daddy on the other hand is not so nice :) He loves to tickle her little feet.

If I think of anything else to add, I will. Right now, I am in desparate need of a shower.

4 comments:

Benita said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much she has changed since the day we left, 1 day shy of 2 weeks old. Mere, it is amazing how much she looks like you when you were an infant, and more now than when she was born. She definitely has your eyes Ryan, which are beautiful and have that little mischievous sparkle to them when you smile. I can hardly wait to see and hold her again. I so wish that I could just take off anytime I pleased and come up there to visit and help out. Hopefully one day soon. Hey, don't call my precious granddaughter "Monster".
I love you very much and each day will get easier Mere...love Mother

Exum Family said...

Oh, I miss that little one so much!! Ever since you guys mentioned that she looks like MaMa Metting, I can't stop seeing her every time I look at Madalyn. It's so weird.

Oh, you forgot one nickname: Mady Suz!!!

Oh, and one more pet peeve: would you please tell everyone the proper spelling for your nickname...the one that I gave to you and always call you?!

Kim H. said...

Hey girl! She is beautiful... I'm cracking up over your description of Ryan's nickname... too funny.

Jason and Shari said...

They grow so fast. I am glad to hear that she is doing so well. She is a cutie pie.