Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Amazing Husband!

Today is Ryan's 29th Birthday!

I have many things planned for him today. Hopefully the monster will cooperate and let me get everything accomplished. I will let y'all know what happens on Thursday because I can't divulge all my secrets until afterward. :)

I want to celebrate Ryan today because he is God's gift to me! I love him more each day. I know that making a list of things is a pretty typical thing to do, but I can't help myself. Here goes...29 for his 29 years!

In no particular order, I love my sweet husband, Ryan Collins Sauer...

1. because he is thankful to God for everything and always tells Him so.
2. because he is such a hard worker
3. because he loves the outdoors and doesn't complain that he never gets to see them.
4. for his great hand-writing
5. for his beautiful eyes
6. because I swear he knows me better than I know myself
7. for the amazing father he is already8. for holding our sometimes screaming baby as soon as he walks through the door, just to give me a break
9. for driving an old, beat up truck that he constantly has to fix just so we can get out of debt sooner.
10. because he loves food, but doesn't complain that I am not a gourmet cook.
11. because he is the most understanding person I know.
12. for planting a garden so I can have fresh herbs and vegetables.
13. for his body (*smiles) - even his hairy chest Metting family :)
14. because he is the smartest person in the whole world!
15. because he has strong opinions about things you should have strong opinions about and doesn't compromise at ALL.
16. because he is Mr. Maps, Graphs, and Charts
17. because he prays for me and our family
18. for putting me in my place when I need it
19. for being an amazing provider and allowing me to stay home with our baby.
20. because we are on the same page financially and he lets me be a nerd about it. He even made me a really cool spreadsheet! :)
21. because he takes me hunting and fishing and cleans my "kill" when it makes me cry so I don't have to22. because he is hilarious in his own way...even when he is play mocking me. I swear he knows my next move before I do. I say I hate it, but I really don't :)23. because he loves my family
24. for never letting us go to bed (or anywhere) without resolving a conflict.
25. because I truly believe he thinks about me before himself.
26. for giving me time to relax in the bath at night even though he should be the one relaxing after a stressful 13 hour day.
27. again, because he is such a hard worker. He has such a high-stress job, and he never brings his work home.
28. because he is such a great snuggler.
29. because he is truly my best friend in the entire world and there is no one I would rather spend time with.

Of course, there are a million other reasons why I love Ryan. Maybe next year I will make another list with no repeats.

There is a song by Sara Evans that makes me cry EVERYTIME I hear it, because I think about Ryan and what a mess I would be if I didn't have him in my life. He is the most precious thing to me and I don't even want to think about what I would do without him (I am getting choked up as I write). Here are the lyrics.

I can't imagine any greater fear
Than waking up without you here
And though the sun would still shine on
My whole world all be gone
But not for long

If I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers
Just to climb a thousand walls
Always know that I would find a way
To get to where you are
There's no place that far

It wouldn't matter why we're apart
Lonely miles or two stubborn hearts
Nothing short of God above
Could turn me away from your love
I need you that much

If I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers
Just to climb a thousand walls
Always know that I would find a way
To get to where you are
There's no place that far

Oh, if I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers
Just to climb a thousand walls
Always know that I would find a way
To get to where you are
There's no place that far
Baby, there's no place that far


Ryan, if I could only say how much I really love you...it would take me an eternity and a language that has not yet been created.

Happy Birthday Baby!

7 comments:

Emily Kendrick said...

You're so cool, such a good wife. I hope you're able to get everything done today. We should totally have a birthday party for him this weekend!!! Love you, see you Friday!

Anonymous said...

awwww...so sweet. Happy Birthday Ryan!

<3 Renee

Kim H. said...

My goodness - I got goosebumps reading that! Happy Birthday Ryan... you both are AMAZING people!

Benita said...

Ryan, I would print this out and frame it, so you would have it to bring out when Mer gets really mad at you. Just Kidding, because she never gets mad at you...Right!!! Happy Birthday Ryan! For everyone's FYI, every reason Mer gives is so true. Ryan,I love being your mother-in-law........ love mom

Exum Family said...

Mer, that was absolutely precious! Ryan, I did not forget your birthday!! I was waiting to call you tonight and fell asleep with Jackson (Jason is in Georgia). I am so sorry!! I'm now awake but it's 0045 that next day. Everything Meredith said on this post is so true!! I am so glad that you are in my family and that you are my sister's best friend and lover. You are truly the best and I mean that with my whole heart!

Kan said...

Mer, that was so sweet. I sat here bawling like a baby. I love that Sara Evans song as well. (We always do have the same taste in music.)

The list was a great idea. I don't think that ever gets old. You are a wonderful wife, friend, and now mother.

Happy belated Birthday, RYAN!!!!

LYMTML-
Kan

laura said...

beautiful. as is your family. love you dearly, sweet friend.