Monday, March 16, 2009

Today's Doctor's Appointment

I had another appointment today. They are now every week since I only have about 3 weeks left to go...I can hardly believe it!

Blood pressure was good. Baby's heartbeat was good. I gained 4 pounds for a total of 18 for the whole pregnancy. I have noticed I am retaining a bit more fluid than I normally do. I did test positive for the Group B Strep so I will have to have antibiotics at the hospital. This is normal though...2 out of 3 women test positive...not a big deal.

The doctor did schedule me for an ultrasound on April 1st (39 weeks) to see exactly how big Madalyn is. She wants to be prepared for a large (9 pounder) baby. She said she feels more comfortable knowing more so we can better prepare and not have to discuss things while I am in labor. I am okay with this as a precaution. I still believe my body will do what it wants to do and stretch as much as it wants to to birth my baby. I am thankful that my doctor does have my best interests at heart and really wants to be prepared for anything to happen.

Of course, all of this won't be necessary if I have her before April 1st. The doctor said that she is still pretty high (thinking I will probably go full-term), but she said anything could happen.

On a really super, duper, exciting note...there is a possibility that one of my favorite people in the whole world is coming to visit at the end of this week! Let's hope everything works out so she can come for a couple of days! YEA!!!!

5 comments:

The Synnott's said...

so exciting that it is almost time!!!!

Kim H. said...

It's getting so close... I'm so excited!! I can't wait until she's here!

Benita said...

I can hardly believe that my granddaughter is so close to making her appearance. My prayer is an easy delivery and a very healthy baby girl and mommie when Madalyn is born. A healthy daddy also. Its hard work on them too.
I love you....mother

Steph McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph McKay said...

Hey there glad to hear everything is looking good. I had strep b also and it's no biggie, you just have to get one-two full doses of meds before the little one comes out and once your water breaks they are going to want her out of there asap. They started me on patosin a few hours after my water broke so that he would for sure be on his way out. Also your body will stretch to her, I had seven stiches but he finally came out. Just rememeber to relax and try and enjoy the experience. It all happens so fast. Love ya, and the updates!