Friday, March 27, 2009

A Shark Ate My Phone Charger!

I have a true "pregnancy brain" story for y'all. At least that is what I am calling it because I don't want to take full responsibility for it. :)

Last week I bought a Shark vaccum cleaner. It is the kind you plug in to charge and it cleans non-carpeted floors. Well, it sucked...or rather it didn't suck like I wanted it to, so I took it back to Wal-Mart a couple of days later.

About the same time, I got a new phone because I had broken mine (suprise, suprise). I had both of the chargers on my sewing machine (I think you know where this is going). When I went to package the Shark back up, I grabbed the wrong charger and put my new phone charger in the box to take back.

I didn't realize it until the next day when I went to charge my phone and the charger wouldn't fit. I had to laugh! I went back to Wal-Mart to get a new charger and hope that I could find the box with the wrong charger. No luck on either account. I couldn't find the box and they were out of chargers. I had to get a car charger to get a little charge on my phone and then go to the AT&T store to get a house charger.

SO, if you tried calling or texting me a few days ago, I probably didn't get it because my phone was dead.

Do any of you have any crazy stories like this? If they happened during pregnancy it would make me feel even better! Oh, and I also feel so bad for the person that bought the Shark I returned. What a hassle I caused them.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Too funny - I've done stuff like that a bazillion times... and pregnancy isn't my excuse. Who knows what it is... but just last night we went round and round about what channel something was on, and the whole time I had the numbers transposed!

Jimmy said...

Women aren't the only ones who get 'pregnancy brain'! Since we husbands inherit a much larger workload, we tend to multi-task. Well, one morning after savoring a bowl of oatmeal, I had to use the restroom. When I was done, I literally laughed at myself, when I realized that instead of proceeding to the kitchen with my bowl, I was washing it in the bathroom sink! It's a good thing I ate it all, because I don't have a grabage disposal hooked up in the bathroom. Hmmmm... maybe that's not a bad idea!