Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

I went to the doctor yesterday (Monday). I had to see an associate of my doctor because she is out of town until next Wednesday. I have to admit that this has caused some worry on my part. I really want my baby delivered by my doctor. I don't know her associate, and he doesn't know anything about mine and Ryan's wishes for a natural delivery. So, as uncomfortable as I am getting, I am praying that she stays in until at least next Wednesday.

Here is the info from the appointment:

Blood Pressure good. No weight gain. Baby's heartbeat is good. I measured 35 cm (last week I was at 38cm). The doctor told me that this means she has dropped. I feel as though she has as well because my feet are swollen, I am urinating more, and I have been irregular (read, constipated. sorry for the intimate details)

Since my doctor won't be back until next Wednesday, I have the ultrasound on Wednesday and have a regular appointment on Thursday.

Let's pray that Madalyn cooperates and stays in until then. Pray for me too...that I won't have any unnecessary worry (none!). It is all in God's hands anyway, and that is what I keep reminding myself of.

6 comments:

The Synnott's said...

she will stay in... she knows what you want!!!
my boys were delivered by an associate an it turned out all ok so no worries either way

Exum Family said...

You have prepared yourself for a natural childbirth and you will be great. It's always scary with your first delivery b/c it is unknown. Don't let your fears drive the picture in your mind of what it will be like. Remember my birthing video? It's not like what you see on t.v. It's what you read about in your Bradley stuff. Just keep that in mind and let your nurses know your desires when you arrive. They're the ones who are with you most of the time. You absolutely CAN do this. God created childbirth. He knows what He is doing and your body can handle it. Don't allow our culture and its ignorance scare you. Educating yourself is something that you've done and most of our culture doesn't do, which is why there are so many terrible birthing stories out there. You have done your part and you have done it well. The Lord is in control. Only He knows what will happen on that day and He is there for you. Mer, you are having a baby. This is what your body was made for! I love you!

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe it is already here! I am so excited for you and I will definitely be praying. Nothing to worry about...God knows exactly what's going to happen and what is supposed to happen. He is in control and you have nothing to worry about. Trust in Him girl! You are down to the wire now...pretty soon you will get to hold the most precious little thing in the whole world!

Kim H. said...

Hang in there - you are right that God is in control, and he's going to be with you every step of the way... no matter what - I know that you and Ryan will do what you feel is best in your hearts at the time, and we'll be meeting Miss Madalyn soon!

Benita said...

Sweetie, you are fixing to experience the greatest joy of your life and God is blessing you with the desire of your heart. There is nothing like giving birth to your child. God has granted women the most precious job of all, being a mother. Even if an associate has to deliver Madalyn, God will be right there with you. He is in control. Don't let the unknown make you fearful or unsure of yourself. You can do this..no problem. Ryan will be there to give you the support, comfort and encouragement that you need. Just lean on him. He is going to be an incredible father and he loves you very much.
There are no words to describe what you both are going to feel when Madalyn makes her entrance. The love you will feel for her and each other is beyond words. It will be like God has wrapped His arms around you and given you the biggest hug ever. You will want to laugh, cry, shout, jump up and down, etc...all at once. INCREDIBLE!!!!!I love both of you very much, Mother

Anonymous said...

Reading this post and the comments is making me cry like a baby for so many reasons -- the primary one being because I'm so excited for you guys and so glad that you get to be a mommy! It makes my heart happy to see such an amazing new chapter opening in your life and marriage.

And your mom is right...even if things don't go exactly as planned, Ryan will make sure that everything's taken care of, he's just awesome like that!! Love you girl, and I miss you SOOOOO MUCH.

<3
Renee