Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day!

We don't typically care for Valentine's Day. We both think it is way too commercialized. But, we did get engaged on Valentine's Day in 2006, so we tend to celebrate our engagement more than the fact that it is Valentine's Day.

My first gift was Ryan not working. He has been working on Saturdays a lot and he decided we needed a Saturday with each other. I was super excited!

We slept in and were awakened by the door bell. He had ordered my favorite flowers (tulips) and had them delivered along with a small box of chocolates! I was so surprised!

We relaxed the whole day! We hung some curtains, did some work in the baby's room, and went to the store to get stuff for supper. Ryan made us some boiled shrimp, stuffed salmon, crab cakes, hush puppies, and asparagus! It was so good! I made him a cheesecake as my gift to him. And I must say it was pretty good too. :) We also exchanged cards. He always gets the perfect cards (just like my dad) and always writes something that makes me cry. I think my hormones were on overdrive because I bawled like a baby! It was actually kind of humorous.

I hope everyone had a beautiful and enjoyable weekend. Have a super week y'all!

3 comments:

Benita said...

I love your Dad's cards. I am pretty sure that I have every one that he has given me in 40 years of marriage. In fact, I am going to round them all up and put them in a book. They are always perfect for that particular moment in our marriage, and I love to read them several times in the weeks that follow. Your father is an amazing man and I am so blessed to be his wife. I am glad that you and Ryan had such a great day...love mother

Kim H. said...

That's so sweet - I love it when you get surprises that you weren't even expecting... wait - if it's a surprise - you wouldn't expect it, ANYWAY - you know what I mean.

The Synnott's said...

sweet man of yours. beautiful flowers