Friday, February 13, 2009

Baby Shower Nostalgia

I promised that I would share a couple of things about the shower that were really sentimental to me. So, here is that post...with pictures!

The first thing that got me choked up was opening a gift from my mama (my mom's mom). She told me that I better be prepared for my sisters to try and steal this gift from me.


Y'all, these are my moms from when she was a baby! The little shoe was a gift from a friend that had flowers in it, and this is my mom's baby brush! Since I was the first to have a girl, my mama gave these to me! I was shocked.

Secondly, I got this from my mother-in-law.


This is a blanket and booties that Ryan's great-grandmother made for Ryan before he was born. Everyone thought he was going to be a girl because his mom already had a boy. So, just in case, his great-grandma knitted these for his mom. She saved them and gave them to us for Madalyn! I cannot wait to tell her one day that her great-great-grandma knitted these! I am definitely going to get pictures taken of her in them.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

You were absolutely adorable when you opened both of those gifts... very sweet. I love sentimental gifts like that!

Benita said...

Yes, my mother never ceases to amaze me. She is a remarkable woman and loves her grandchildren.
Of course, she is not your typical grandmother. I didn't even know that she still had those things.
love you, mother