Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been trying to think about things to post on here that would be of interest to y'all. In my quest to think of something profound to post, I realized that although nothing profound has happened in the last week, I have been BUSY!

So, all y'all are going to get is a run-down of my week, sort of...

Friday was spent making a blanket, finishing our Christmas cards (minus the return labels and stamps) and attending a birthday party for some sweet 13 year-old girls that we know. Their parents are actually the first people we met in El Dorado. The blanket was part of their gift. They had a "dance" party complete with a DJ and shirts their mom made to commemorate the event.

Saturday, Ryan worked and I did stuff around the house, including finishing the Christmas cards. Overall I had a pretty lazy day. (I was pooped from that party! I have realized I am no longer 13!) Saturday night, Ryan and I went to Home Depot to get a few things (not before us locking the door, thinking the other one had the keys, and having to break in to our own house to get our keys. This also led to us buying a couple more items at Home Depot while we were there.) We came back home and watched the Heisman presentation, almost knowing that Colt McCoy wasn't going to win, but having hope that he might...we were sad, but not shocked at Bradford's win.

Sunday morning we went to church. I love our church! The people are wonderful, the message was great, and the music is always amazing. Plus, they have it decorated so beautifully for Christmas. I will have to get a picture so y'all can all see. That afternoon we fixed our door (see Saturday night) and Ryan poured some concrete (we are closing off some of our yard with a fence so our dogs have more room to run). Ryan went hunting and I went to church for an Orchestra concert - it was AWESOME! I recorded it to share with my family because I knew it was going to be so good!

Monday...I went to the Post Office, went to the bank, cleaned around the house, tried a new recipe (it was ok), worked out...that is all I can remember. Monday is kind of a blur.

Tuesday was my super busy day, and I am kind of paying for it this morning. I left the house around 10 (after some house work), went downtown to get Christmas gifts for the twins i mentioned and their sister, then I went to Wal-Mart for some shopping until it was time to take Ryan his lunch. I then went to the church for my prayer time. Went to JCPenny, the hardware store, a cute little store we have here called Especially For You (to get another present), and to the grocery store. I got home around 4:30, cleaned the kitchen, checked the mail, and started supper (homemade Tomato Basil soup...it was yummy). When Ryan got home, we ate and headed back to Wal-Mart for a few more things I didn't have time to get my previous trip. By the time we got home I was ready for bed. I had been on my feet so much, I didn't realize how necessary it is for me to take a break and relax for 10 minutes every few hours. Growing a baby takes it out of you!

This brings us to today...I woke up at 7 and read for a while. Fell back to sleep until my momma called. Felt the urge to blog, and now I am going to eat and get ready for the day (at 10:30!).

One more thing I didn't mention...I have been trying to register online for the baby...we were going to only register at Babies 'R Us, but since the closest one to us is in the Woodlands, we decided to register at Wal-Mart too since we have one in town. Our computer is so slow, that it takes forever, so I have given up until we come to Houston over Christmas. I am going to attempt to do some registering in person while we are there.

I apologize if this was a bore (and LONG!) and that I didn't have anything profound to blog about. I will try harder. :)

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

I think that ya'll will enjoy registering - it'll be fun enough for the hunters to walk around the store and "shoot" things with the registration gun!