Friday, January 23, 2009

Natural Childbirth

I feel the need to let y'all know that Ryan and I (well, mainly me) are going to have Madalyn all-natural. We are using The Bradley Method. I have many pregnant friends right now, and a few of them are using The Bradley Method as well.

For a quick synopsis, The Bradley Method focuses on husband-coached relaxation during first-stage labor, and a completely drug free delivery. It also focuses on preparing your body for child-birth by doing certain exercises and ensuring that you and your baby get proper nutrition.

Of course there is more to it. You can check out their website www.bradley birth.com

There are also two books that I recommend reading:

Husband-Coached Childbirth by Dr. Robert Bradley

Natural Child-birth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon

If you have any questions or comments about why we are choosing to birth the baby in this way, please ask. I would love to talk to you about it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're one brave girl...but if anybody could give birth without any drugs...it certainly would be you!

Kim H. said...

I concur with R... I was going to say the exact same thing. :-) I'll bet that you're back canning something within a matter of hours too. :-P

Anonymous said...

Girl you crazy. You know you gonna be callin Shabunta for some drugs before, during, and afta!!!

Brent and Abbey said...

Go for it! It is good to have a plan, but be okay with changing it if you need to-- I think I remember cursing Eve on my way to the hospital and that was just early contractions! :)

Benita said...

Mere, your friends are so funny. I love the one about canning. I am so proud of you and can't wait to meet my granddaughter. If she looks like you as a baby, she will be so beautiful, because you were a beautiful baby. I know Shabunta will provide all the moral support you will need. I love that girl.
Love, Mother

jeanna said...

You are very brave and a little crazy if you ask me!!! Of course, I would never have been able to have a natural childbirth anyways because of having c-sections. I will be praying for you and I am totally in support with you!