Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's been a rough one

I just need to document these crazy last few days. Bear with me.

Thursday (4-8-10) we had Madalyn's pictures taken. She was feeling great, and we got some great pictures.

When I went to get her out of bed on Friday morning there was throw-up everywhere. Thankfully, Ryan was home from work that day. We tag-teamed it and got everything cleaned up. The throw up ensued for the rest of the day. I almost ran out of clothes and sanity. She threw up for the last time around 5 PM.

On Saturday morning I found a baby in a bed full of poop. Again, Ryan was home, so we tag-teamed it. She had one more diarrhea diaper that day but no vomit.

All day Sunday and Monday, no throw up or poop. Thought we were in the clear.

I had a headache all day Monday and woke up with it on Tuesday. Madalyn woke up like normal and seemed fine. She went down for a nap around 10. About an hour later she woke up. When I went in to get her there was poop everywhere...it was mostly in her diaper, but it was coming out the sides. gross, i know. sorry. I put her in the tub to rinse her off. She was moaning the whole time. She did not want to take a full bath, so I wrapped her up in her towel. We went to her room where she threw up on her changing pad. I cleaned her up, cleaned up all the poop and vomit, and then took a shower myself. So far, that has been it for the day. I am just nursing her and giving her some pedialite. She is asleep right now.

In other news, Ryan has to go into a refinery next week so he has to shave his beard. He is doing it little by little. Here is the first transformation. Enjoy.



Before:


After:

1 comment:

Benita said...

Oh does this bring back memories of when all 4 of you were little. I needed 2 washing machines & 2dryers. I am sorry our little girl is so sick. Grandma needs to be there to rock her and relieve mommy.

Tell Ryan that I said he looks very handsome with his beard shorter. Well, maybe don't tell him, it will just go to his head......