Friday, February 13, 2009

Updates

I know it has been a while. Life has been a whirlwind. I felt the need to get on here and post a few updates (pictures coming soon).

Since my last blog so much has been going on as we get ready for Madalyn's arrival. It is going to be here sooner than we can imagine, and we are so excited! We can't wait to meet her!

I spent some time in Houston over the weekend. I got in on Thursday night. Friday, my dad and I ran errands ALL day. I was beat! There are so many things that I cannot get in El Dorado that I had to get in Houston, and this was the only day to do it all.

Saturday we had our first baby shower. Unfortunately, Ryan was not able to be there because he had to work. But, I did use our wonderful new video camera (which, btw we got a STEAL on) to capture everything for him and Madalyn. It was such an amazing and overwhelming experience for me. I was blown away by the generosity of so many loved ones. I will share a few stories (with pictures included) in a future blog. Big props to my mom, my two wonderful sisters, my bro's girlfriend, and one of my besties DANNA! They did such an amazing job hosting the shower. It was more than I could have ever imagined. Oh, and a shout to my baby brother for providing the Starbucks!

Sunday was my nephew Dawson's 7th Birthday. We had a little family party at my sister's house to celebrate. One thing to mention about his birthday. He had a Star Wars themed party. His grandma Judy made him a Jedi cape just like Luke Skywalker has! It was seriously one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Monday, I was planning on driving back to Arkansas, but I caught a stomach bug and was forced to stay one more day curled up on the couch. It was not fun! I focused on drinking a lot of water and eating the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast). By Tuesday morning I was good to go and got to come back to Arkansas.

The trip was uneventful and it was wonderful to get to see Ryan. I missed him so much. We also got to go through all of the things we were blessed with at the shower. He was in shock at the amount of pink that had been moved into our house!

I will post about my doctor's appointment in a minute. Thanks again to everyone who made my shower something that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Love to you~

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

It was a fantastic shower - I'm so glad you enjoyed it... I'm sure you'll remember it for the rest of your life. :-)

Benita said...

Pink, now that is something new in this family. It was so much fun doing the decorations for the shower. Everyone was so generous. We all can't wait to meet Madalyn, and I can't wait to play dolls with her in a few years. The doll house will be ready. Love Mother